Overpayment of Annual Leave

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AccJoin
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Overpayment of Annual Leave

Hi everyone, first time I have messaged on this forum Smiley Happy

Originally this began with trying to account for annual leave provision and I changed the payroll category, thinking this would be the right way to handle.  I realised a few weeks later that it didn't seem to be working the way that I wanted it to so I have changed the payroll category back and will do a GL journal adjustment at the end of each month.

I have now discovered that as a result of this change, some of our salaried staff have been overpaid as it added on Annual Leave on top of base salary rather than adjusting.

Can anyone advise the best way to fix this?  My manager suggested that I adjust the annual leave owing rather than deducting amounts from pay if all staff are happy to do this.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Jesh_D
1,447 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,447Posts

0Kudos

133Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Overpayment of Annual Leave

Hi @AccJoin 

Thank you for your post. 

What you can do to resolve this issue is adjust the employee's next pay or process a separate pay for the adjustment. Here is a Help Article that guides you on how best to resolve this for you: Fixing a payroll overpayment or underpayment.

Please let me know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Jesh

MYOB Community Support

AccJoin
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Overpayment of Annual Leave

Hi Jesh thanks for your reply.  I had already processed as a 0 pay to adjust.  Many thanks Smiley Happy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post