PAY BILLS EFT REFERENCE

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
gail1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

PAY BILLS EFT REFERENCE

The "Statement Text" field in the Pay Bills window for entering EFT payments has been truncated from the width allowed in the Supplier payment details record. I need to enter a 15 digit eft reference for my payroll tax when I pay by eft.  It allows the 15 digit within the supplier set up but not when you actually post an eft payment via pay bills. I receive a new code every month for each payroll tax remittance and have to go into the supplier record / payment details every time to enter a new one before I pay the monthly bill. This does not occur if you enter via Spend Money.

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: PAY BILLS EFT REFERENCE

Hi @gail1 

The Statement Text character limit for the Pay Bills window is something that we have passed across to the required team. In my testing, offline files allowed the user to enter 18 characters while online files do allow the user to only enter 12 characters. Currently, this is still being investigated by the team and don't have a timeframe for when it will be resolved.

The only workaround that I am aware of would be to take a backup of the online file (File>>Backup) and then restore that file locally (File>>Restore and select to restore it into a library on your computer). You would then record that necessary transaction with the allocated statement text and process the ABA file. As the files would be separate you would also need to complete the same process in your current online file (but with 12 characters) and not upload that file to the bank.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post