PAYG

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ChrissyEames
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

PAYG

Hi Chris

I have checked the PAYG tax in MYOB and the calculation is incorrect.

I calculated how much PAYG tax needs to be paid for one month salary of $24,700 as per ATO tax table as follows:

cid:image001.png@01D5D856.F18044C0

The first amount of $14,997.66 paid is taxed at $4,810 and the remainder is taxed at 47%.  Refer to the formula at the bottom of the table.

MYOB calculated the tax as $6,916.  Can you check with MYOB why the PAYG calculation is incorrect?

2 REPLIES 2
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: PAYG

Hi @ChrissyEames 

I'm afraid that the image attachment did not work. 

In AccountRight, how much tax is calculated will be determined by the tax table available in your AccountRight's version, as well as the PAYG set up in employee cards. 

First of all, I'd suggest going to Setup > General Payroll Information to check the 'Tax table revision date', the current tax table's revision date is 01/07/2019. Then please also drill into the employee card > Payroll Details > Taxes, what's the tax table selected there? Any rebates or extra tax entered there?

Any screenshots of the set up would be most helpful as well. Please do let us know the details, we are happy to assist further.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

ChrissyEames
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: PAYG

Thank you for your response. After checking my settings in the card file, I discovered that I had changed the tax variation some time ago to 28% with a TWV. Thank you for your help.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post