PAYING SUPERANNUATION INCORRECT MEMEBER NUMBER

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AP06
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

26Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

PAYING SUPERANNUATION INCORRECT MEMEBER NUMBER

I have previously contacted the Super fund for membership number (new employee) and they said use NEW or UNKNOWN. Which I did and it was successful.

Now I have tried this on anther new employee and MYOB won't process payment because "the member number has been used for another employee"

any suggestions how I can process the superannuation payment for this new employee ?

1 REPLY 1
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: PAYING SUPERANNUATION INCORRECT MEMEBER NUMBER

HI @AP06 

AccountRight requires that each employee of a super fund have a different membership number when paying superannuation contributions. Because of this you can’t use a generic term like “New” or “Unknown” for multiple employees.

Instead if you had multiple employees who were part of the same super fund, you’d have to use a unique membership number, for example “New01”, “New02” or “Unknown1”, “Unknown2”. As these are unique it would allow each employee’s contributions to be paid and would still retain a similar naming convention to what the super fund has advised you

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post