PAYROLL HAS BEEN REVERSED - PAYMENT STILL IN ELECTRONIC PAYMENTS

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AMBERHK
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

I had to reverse a payroll and redo the payroll as there was an error on the original payroll.

I have reconciled the bank account and I can see the original transaction and the reversal. The new payment is there also and my bank account reconciles.

However, the original transaction appears in the prepare electronic payments window still and I dont know why.

How can I get this transaction out of the prepare electronic payments window?.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: PAYROLL HAS BEEN REVERSED - PAYMENT STILL IN ELECTRONIC PAYMENTS

Hi @AMBERHK 

Thanks for your post. 

This is a good article that will guide you through the steps on how to get a transaction out of the prepare electronic payments window: Reversals in the Prepare Electronic Payments window.

Let me know if you have any more questions after going through the steps.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

twotails
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have two transactions in the electronic payments window.  I have followed the previous article in the community help.  I have ticked both transactions gone to bank file and then says error no transactions to be recorded but yes there is.  How do I get rid of those two transactions.

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @twotails 

Thanks for your post.

Could you upload a screenshot of your Prepare Electronic Payments window? I will be able to assist further once I know more about the transactions you are trying to clear. 

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

AMBERHK
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am still having some issues with this. I have tried all suggestions but still cant resolve it. It is no longer in my prepare electronic payments however, it is still sitting in the electronic clearing account. The original transaction never went through STP and it was a mistake that was picked up prior to reporting this information. I need to remove  this transaction from my electronic clearing account as it is throwing out my account reconcilliation for my electronic clearing account.

AMBERHK
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have posted this before and none of the solutions appear to be working.

I had to reverse a payroll and redo the payroll as there was an error on the original payroll.

I have reconciled the bank account and I can see the original transaction and the reversal. The new payment is there also and my bank account reconciles.

However, the original transaction appears in the prepare electronic payments window still and I dont know why.

How can I get this transaction out of the prepare electronic payments window?.

Thank you.

Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @AMBERHK 

If payments are still showing in the electronic clearing account, it means something went wrong with creating the ABA file and transferring from electronic clearing to bank account and so those transactions should still be in the Prepare Electronic Payments window.

You could go to Accounts>>Accounts List and creating a new bank account (selecting New>>Give the account a number, name and set the account type to be Bank). Once created go to Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts and Banking>>Change the Bank Account for Electronic payments to be that newly created account. 

By going this extra step it will clear out all payments from the Banking>>Prepare Electronic Payments window so that you don't have them sitting in that location. This is due to the fact that the program will look at all unprocessed transactions in that linked account, if you change that linked account to be a new account it will have no transactions to be shown.

If you are still having issues, could you send me screenshots of the Prepare Electronic Payments window, the Electronic Clearing Account and the history and recap (CTRL+R) of the original transaction? Note: make sure to blur any sensitive information. 

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

AMBERHK
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hello Yanike

I have followed your instruction and it has worked it is no longer in my prepare electronic payments. However, I am not sure I fully understand how it works.

Does this remain a permanent change? will it affect any of my setup etc as it has now changed to a completly different account then before? Does the attached look correct?

Thank you.

MYOB CHANGE 1.jpg
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

157Kudos

380Solutions

Hi @AMBERHK 

Yes, this will have to be a permanent change. 

This process will work as the system looks for all transactions that are paid electronically that have yet to be processed and showcase them in the Prepare Electronic Payments window. As there are no transactions in that newly created account the Prepare Electronic Payments window is blank/shows no transactions.

Note: There will still be a balance in that old electronic account, you may want to speak to your accounting advisor about recording a journal to clear the balance of that account.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

AMBERHK
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Yaniki

Thank you for your help.

Im not really wanting to do this and make a permanent change as I am concerned there will be repurcussions down the track with the original electronic clearing account.

This is a payroll transaction that never went anywhere. It was a payment that was never made or recorded and It seems so inflexible now that this just cant be deleted like we were able to do in previous versions.

Do I have any other options like record a journal entry to get rid of it out the electronic payments without making any changes to my setup?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post