Part Pay Payroll Liability

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LauraF
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Part Pay Payroll Liability

We have several employees who have child support deductions coming out of their weekly pay. We have been paying these through the Pay Liabilities tab previously with no issues. 

We have recently been informed that we are now required to pay to the CSA for one of our employees on a weekly basis.

How can i part pay the child support liability through MYOB as when i go through Pay Liabilities it only shows the total amount of the liability, rather than the amount outstanding per employee (like in the pay superannuation tab). 

I want to ensure that a) we can pay this weekly with no issues and b) the liability amount reduces in MYOB to ensure that we don't then double pay it at the end of the month.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

4 REPLIES 4
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: Part Pay Payroll Liability

Hi @LauraF 

The Pay Liabilities window will detect all of the unpaid payroll liability for the nominated period and amalgamated into a single amount. The payment date of the pay determines which period it falls into.

If you needed to pay the deduction on a weekly basis rather than a monthly one, you could reduce the date range to include the payment date of that pay. This will detect the amount of deduction to be paid for just that period, allowing you to pay it for that employee for that week

As the Pay Liabilities window only reflects unpaid amounts, if you pay a portion of the deduction through the Pay Liabilities window, that amount will no longer display when you run those same dates again

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LauraF
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply @Neil_M 

I still have the same issue if i isolate the dates to a pay day. They amaglamate into a single amount . I have 4 employees with Child Support Deductions each week, only 1 of them needs paying weekly.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @LauraF 

If you were trying to isolate just a single employee using Pay Liabilities the only other way you could do it, assuming the deduction amalgamates all of the employees would be to use a separate deduction category.

This would allow you to keep the weekly deductions separate from the monthly ones and pay them weekly

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

LauraF
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for that @Neil_M . I think this is the way that we will have to go. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post