Pay Employee - Banking Details

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
GaryOo
Partner
39 Posts
Partner
Partner

39Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Pay Employee - Banking Details

Client's employee requested to have their pay paid into a different bank account this pay.

I edited the "Banking Details" as per the attached image (personal identifying details changed for obvious reasons).

BankingDetails.png

Change is not a permanent change so did NOT click to update as default pay details.

Created the ABA file and file was created using the OLD pay details.

What's the point of having the option to change "Banking Details" if it can't be used for one-off change in details.

If I have used the feature incorrectly, then it needs to be made clearer that to effect a change it must be changed permanently othertwise the initial banking details will be used.

Feedback would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Pay Employee - Banking Details

Hi @GaryOo 

I've just spent a bit of time replicating your situation and I found that the ABA file was created with the new bank details but when I ran the Electronic Payments Register it displayed the old bank details.  This is because the Register report is pulling it's data from what is stored in the card.

Can I clarify if you uploaded the ABA file to the bank and discovered the old bank details or if you were checking the Electronic Payments Report?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

GaryOo
Partner
39 Posts
Partner
Partner

39Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H 

Thank you for your response.

I admit that I only checked the Electronic Payments Report and not the ABA file.

The ABA file does indeed include the amended banking details as entered in Pay Employees "Banking Details".

My client emailed around 5.50pm yesterday and I assumed that it was because the employee hadn't received their pay in the account that they wanted it paid into for their week's pay.

I'll let my client know that the employee's pay did go to where it was intended to go.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

You're welcome @GaryOo , we both learnt something new Smiley Happy

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15