Pay Processed Twice & Super Paid incorrectly

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AnthCZ
3 Posts
User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Pay Processed Twice & Super Paid incorrectly

Hi There, 

A bit of background - We have our own small business, one employee - my partner.   

I havejust performed our Payroll Rec for EOY 2019 (late i know!), and have found ONE Pay dating back to one week in September Period has been processed again incorrectly in October, overstating the Wages, PAYG & Super by one week's pay. 

I have reversed the Pay in MYOB to correct this.    I will advise our Accountant to correct on the next PAYG Activity Statement. 

SUPER - How do i fix this.   We use the 'Pay Super' Function.  I have already paid the Super payment for the June 2019 quarter, and this doesn't match the Super accrual for June and something I perhaps should have checked before hand.  Can anyone help me please So i can fix this up for next Super Payment? 

Thanks

Jac

Super 

I have reversed the Pay, and updated the ATO with the incorrect figures.  

4 REPLIES 4
Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Pay Processed Twice & Super Paid incorrectly

Hi @AnthCZ 

Thanks for your post. I hope you find the community forum to provide plenty of useful tips, advice and support. 

I'll link you to the help article Changing a recorded pay as well as Checking and adjusting superannuation which includes information on how to correct this.  Once you have made the necessary changes complete a $0 pay run. This creates an update pay event for the ATO, they take the YTD figures so this is a useful tool when you need to correct pays in your system. 

Let me know how you go with this. If this answers your inquiry please mark 'Accept as Solution' to help other users find this information easier. 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AnthCZ
3 Posts
User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Theresa, 

Perfect - I think this has fixed the Super.  Easy.   Thanks for your help. 

In regards to the PAYG that has been overpaid.  Is this something my accountant will need to adjust and notify the ATO?   

Or Will they get the new figures    from the STP EOY Figure?

Thanks

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Hi @AnthCZ 

You should be able to fix the incorrect PAYG amount, see the 'changing a recorded pay' link above which includes a section on this. The ATO will be updated in the next update pay event, whether that is the next payrun or a $0 pay run. 

I hope this clarifies! 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AnthCZ
3 Posts
User

3Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

That does indeed.   Thank you for you help and speedy response !

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post