Willis
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Pay Roll Error

Hi,

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

I am relatively new to MYOB (Accountright). Basically I have run the payroll and paid an employee incorrectly (underpaid). I want to re run their pay, get there hours correct and send them a new payslip, then pay them the difference.

Looking at it myself, I think I have to re-run the entire pay run (12 employees) to do this. But if I go down that path, I am unsure at what stage I will be able to 0 out the wages to be transferred. Obviously I do not want to pay everyone twice.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light.

Cheers,

Willis

4 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
24,683 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

24683Posts

2800Kudos

3581Solutions

Re: Pay Roll Error

Hi @Willis

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a wealth of knowledge

If you do need to process a single employee's pay, this can be done by selecting that employee's card in the Process individual employee list in the Process Payroll>>Pay Period step:

Attachment.PNG

Alternatively, you could select Process all employees paid and on the Employee Pays option untick the employees that you are not wishing to process a payroll transaction for i.e. Sue Smith

Attachment2.PNG

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Willis
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Willis
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Steven_M,

Thanks for that.

How would I go about editing the employees pay that has already been processed? I need to delete/edit and re-run the employees pay period.

Cheers,

Willis

MYOB Moderator Steven_M
24,683 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

24683Posts

2800Kudos

3581Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved Solution

Hi @Willis

Once a pay has been recorded you would not be able to make any changes to it. If that pay does need to be changed you would be needing to delete and reenter that particular pay. You can delete a payroll transaction via opening the required transaction (Payroll>>Transaction Journals) and selecting Edit>>Delete Payroll Transaction. 

Note: If the payroll transaction has been included in an electronic payment i.e. included in a processed Prepare Electronic Payments transaction you would first need to delete the electronic payment before you can delete the payroll transaction.

Kind Regards,
Steven
MYOB Client Support
Willis
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Willis
Cover User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @Steven_M. You've confirmed that is the only method left to me. I'll have a crack.

Cheers

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post