Pay Super - how to set up voluntary employee contributions to be paid through Pay Super

Highlighted
Trusted Cover User lindso
78 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

78Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

Pay Super - how to set up voluntary employee contributions to be paid through Pay Super

How do you set up the superannuation category for an employee that makes a voluntary superannuation payment after tax so that it can be paid through Pay Super? At the moment I can only pay the SGC payment through Pay Super. The employee's voluntary super payment has to be paid separately through a BPAY payment and recorded through the Pay Liabilities section.

How do I make one payment for ALL super payments through Pay Super?

1 REPLY 1
MYOB Moderator CloverQ
7,311 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Australia
MYOB Moderator

7,311Posts

516Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Pay Super - how to set up voluntary employee contributions to be paid through Pay Super

Hi @lindso 

You'll need to use a different superannuation payroll category to track the employee contribution. There is a default superannuation category called Employee Additional that you can edit to suit your needs, or simply create a new one. I'd suggest following the steps in this Help article to complete the set up:

Additional superannuation contributions

With this super category set up, you'll be able to include the additional contribution as well as the standard SGC amount in the same Pay Superannuation transaction. Both amounts will be made to the same super fund set in the employee card, then the fund shall be able to allocate the payments accordingly based on the superannuation type. 

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post