Pay accrued leave for ex employee who was on workcover.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Kaftan
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Pay accrued leave for ex employee who was on workcover.

We have to pay accrued leave for an ex employee while he was on Workcover. We paid nothing in that period as he was paid by workcover, but were were unaware that leave should have been accruing during that time. How would I go about recording the pay now that the employee is teminated? 

Also, for future reference how would I make sure leave was accruing for an employee I was not paying?  Hoping someone can help.

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Pay accrued leave for ex employee who was on workcover.

Hi @Kaftan 

If you need to process a new pay for a terminated employee you would be looking at going back to that employee's card, removing the termination date. You may also need to active that card by unticking the Inactive Card option in the Profile tab. Once that card's termination date has been removed you would be able to pay the employee the desired amount/hours. Before terminating the employee again if required.

In terms of going forward, typically, you would the calculation basis for an entitlement to be Equals x% of Gross hours. If the employee is not working any hours that entitlement will not accrue. You could either manually process a pay for that employee with the listed hours against a zero dollar payrate based category or set up the Wages paid on WorkCover category to be hourly and place the desired amount of hours against that. The alternative is if the employee is on WorkCover you manually process a pay for them that adds the desired amount of hours against the respected entitlement category for the amount they needing to accrue.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Kaftan
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

14Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Pay accrued leave for ex employee who was on workcover.

Thanks Steven - That is what I ended up doing.

Kathy 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post