Paying PAYG tax from two bank accounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Snichols
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Snichols
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Paying PAYG tax from two bank accounts

Hi,

Is there a way to split the payment of PAYG for the month from two bank accounts.  When I go into "Pay Liabilities" window there doesn't seem to be a way to part pay the tax owing or pay only selected employees.  If not I'll just do a transfer in MYOB between the accounts but thought I'd see if there was a way to avoid this.  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,000 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
GDay53
Ultimate Partner

2365Posts

2157Kudos

517Solutions

Re: Paying PAYG tax from two bank accounts

@Snichols

Don't use Pay Liabilities. Pay your PAYG using  a Spend Money transaction and you can split it over as many payments and bank accounts as you like.

If you use the BAS feature in MYOB you should not be using Pay Liabilities for PAYG.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Steven_M
MYOB Moderator

31555Posts

4131Kudos

4601Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Paying PAYG tax from two bank accounts

Hi @Snichols

Great to see that @GDay53 has offered a potential solution to your enquiry.

If you do wish to pay those values via Pay Liabilities and need to use multiple different bank accounts you would be looking at using a holding account process. I've outlined the process below for you

1. Create a holding account - Accounts>>Accounts Lists>>New and create a new Asset account ensuring that the Account Type is set to Bank.
  2. Process the Pay Liabilities transaction ensuring that the Pay from Account is that newly created holding account.
  3. Go to Banking>>Spend Money and enter a transaction from the first bank account for the amount you have paid via that account. The Allocation account would be that newly created holding account. 
  4. Repeat Step 3 for each bank account you have made payment from.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post