Payroll Advice not emailing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Shaz65
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Advice not emailing

We are running Office 365 and today when attempting to email a MYOB pay advice to an employee the following error is showing:

Code:   System.InvalidCastException

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Application'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00063001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).

2 REPLIES 2
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll Advice not emailing

Hi @Shaz65 

The error log mentions " Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook", and this error when sending emails to Outlook can be caused by different factors. Generally, the error means, when a program such as AccountRight asks which version of Outlook is installed, the wrong version is being reported back, causing a communication problem and errors between the programs.

This can happen when different versions of Office/Outlook may have been previously installed on the computer, and components/values are left behind. Errorlog will contain error messages such as:

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook
System.InvalidCastException
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
{00063001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
Interface not registered

A viable workaround is to use the online emailing function instead of outlook or you can follow these steps if you wish to send emails using Outlook:

1. Quick Repair office. (any missing files should be added back) OR 
2. Re-Register Outlook DLL files and Check/Fix Registry Keys (there are 3 to complete)

Step 2 would require an IT Professional, as this is an environmental issue, with windows having missing or incorrect information. We can however provide this information to help: 

https://webmakers.co.nz/interface-not-registered-exception-from-hresult-0x80040155-microsoft-office-...

Please feel free to post should you have further questions.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Shaz65
Contributing Cover User
5 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll Advice not emailing

Hi Komal,

Thank you for you reply.

I have completed the quick repair on Office 365 and it now works.

I've also uninstalled Office 2010 that was still on my computer so hopefully it won't happen again now.

Cheers,Shaz

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post