Payroll Categories exepmt from Superannuation

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

21Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll Categories exepmt from Superannuation

Hi there,

We have created a new payroll caregory "Unused Holiday Leave Loading" that is exempt from all Superannuation accounts.  Is there a quicker way to do this rather than making the new category exepmt from each superannuation account?

Thanks, Lisa

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator
2,298 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,298Posts

249Kudos

359Solutions

Re: Payroll Categories exepmt from Superannuation

Hi @Lisa22 

It depends on how your Superannuation payroll categories have been setup. Just to clarify, when you say "superannuation accounts", are you referring to superannuation funds or superannuation payroll categories like salary sacrifice, etc. ?

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Highlighted
Ultimate Partner
2,581 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,581Posts

2,360Kudos

563Solutions

Re: Payroll Categories exepmt from Superannuation

@Lisa22 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

My usnderstanding is that you would normally only use Unused Holiday Pay when someone leaves your employ.

And no Leave Loading is payable on this. So I don't see why you need a Unused Holiday Leave Loading wage category is the first place.

Having said that, like @Komal_S  stated you need to excempt the wage category from the Superannuation wage category. Open the Superannuation wage category and at the top there is an excempt buttom. Click on that and then tick off the wage categories that are excempt. For example Super G'Tee is only calculated on OTE so Overtime should be included in the excempt wage categories.

Not sure of what is OTE check out the ato.gov.au checklist.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post