Payroll Centre YTD verification report errors

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Pam001
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Centre YTD verification report errors

2 Issues.

1. Individual weekly payroll reports sent to the ATO are correct. The YTD Verification report is not picking up all of the wages. 1 employee shows wages until the end of August. The other 2 show wages until the end of December. So over half of the wages are missing. Myob shows wages of $64k but the payroll reporting centre is only showing $31k. How do you fix this?

2. Indivdual reports sent to the ATO every week are correct and the total wages in MYOB are correct. But the ATO has duplicated 2 entries on their side. so the ATO shows $66k (incorrect) and MYOB shows $64k (correct). I have been told this doesn't matter as long as my YTD verification report is correct. Is this right?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Payroll Centre YTD verification report errors

Hi @Pam001 

Thanks for your post. STP updates the YTD amounts each time you send a report, each report overrides the previous one. So for your first issue, I'd try processing a $ pay with the payment date 30 June to update the YTD amounts in STP. If that doesn't fix the problem, this post has information on how to find and correct STP errors: AccountRight reports don't match my STP reports?

This post explains why your STP reports and the ATO Business Portal won't match: STP and the ATO Business Portal

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Pam001
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

This doesn't help

If the ATO reports the YTD amounts from the STP reports then that is fine but how do I check that?. See the detail in my original post.

Wages in MYOB are correct. But the YTD verification reports in the Payroll module are incorrect. They are only showing wages up to the end of August and the End of December. We send payroll reports to the ATO every week. Nothing has changed in our processing all year. All of our MYOB Payroll reports show total wages of $64k and are correct but you go to payroll processing YTD verification report and the report shows $31k. Over half the wages are missing.

There is no logic to MYOB payroll.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Pam001 

As explained in the post, AccountRight reports don't match my STP reports, you will need to check the Payroll Activity summary report and Payroll Register summary report. 

The Payroll Activity report gets it's data from payruns processed through Process Payroll. The Payroll Register report gets it's data from the Pay History tab in the employee card. The YTD verification report gets it's figures from the Pay History tab (same as Register) and filters those figures using the ATO reporting categories. 

So when the Activity and Register report match but the YTD verification is different, this indicates the figures are correct in the software but are not being filtered correctly by the YTD verification report. You will need to run the Activity detail report to narrow down which category is causing the issue and then check the ATO reporting category is correct and it hasn't been exempted from PAYG.

Another step is to try processing a $ pay to update the YTD amounts in STP. If you have sent old reports, this will send the YTD amounts from that period, overriding the YTD amounts in the last current report you sent. The ATO use the time stamp of when a report is sent to determine which is the most recent report, not the pay period in the report. So if you send a March report today, the time stamp will be today and the ATO will take that as the current report but the YTD amounts are from March.

With regard to the ATO business portal.. The important thing to check is that your YTD verification report reconciles with your MYOB payroll reports prior to finalising the EOFY. It's the YTD verification report that is sent to the ATO. For peace of mind, you can also confirm that the ATO has the correct YTD amounts by getting your employees to check their myGov accounts.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Pam001
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

14Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thankyou Tracy

sorry for getting Cranky. 

It was the old reports I sent recently that were missed in the past. They messed up the YTD. The Zero pay will fix it.

Thanks

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Pam001 

I'm glad to hear that you've got it sorted.  When I was a bookkeeper I used to tell my boss to leave chocolate donuts at my office door and back away slowly...I understand it's a stressful time Smiley Happy

Take care and please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post