Payroll Employee bank details change

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Partner manning
55 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

55Posts

76Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Employee bank details change

Can someone please advise why the bank details dont update on a previous dated payrun for an employees pay.  I have had employees give me the wrong bank details so it's rejected by the bank when I've done the import.  Instead of redoing the pay I have deleted the bank file & redone it excluding the incorrect employees pay with the wrong bank details so it balances in the bank rec.

When I have updated the payment bank details on the employee card and redo a batch payment with the initial pay that was input it's keeping the old employee bank info not the updated bank info.  

I have to delete & redo each pay that had the wrong bank details. 

If this could be fixed it would be great.

Further to me trying to redo each pay and paying with the new bank details it is still bringing up the old bank details.  HELP PLEASE.

2 REPLIES 2
Ultimate Partner GDay53
2,405 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,405Posts

2,207Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll Employee bank details change

@manning

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

When you update details on an employee card it will only update anything created after you do the update not payruns created before.

You need to go back and delete the employees pay and redo it so the new details are entered.

Then it should go through for you.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
First Class Accounts Clayfield
Mobile: 0402 841 627
gday@firstclassaccounts.com
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
Highlighted
MYOB Moderator Stuart_W
811 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

811Posts

142Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll Employee bank details change

Hi @manning

When we make a transaction and assign it to the electronic payment register , we also incorporate payment details of the attached card file into the transaction itself. When we update the payment details for a card file, it will not automatically update the payment details for the transactions already in the register, as they have been embedded within the transactions themselves.

So, as @GDay53 has said, to change the payment details of a transaction assigned to the electronic payment register, we do need to delete that transaction and re-do it, as that will re-incorporate the new payment details into the transaction that we can then include in a bank file. At this stage this is a functioning of the software at a fundamental level, and would be extremely difficult if not impossible to change without changing how the software works entirely.

I hope this helps answer your question, and please do reach out if you need any further assistance at all.

Kind Regards,

Stuart W
MYOB Client Support
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post