Payroll Entitlement not showing in Process Payroll Screen for one Employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Experienced Cover User Lynne77
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Entitlement not showing in Process Payroll Screen for one Employee

I recently adjusted via the process payroll function entitlements for a Salaried employee by doing a minus entry into the old entitlement category and a plus into the new category. This worked fine and all carry over figures and totals were what I expected them to be.

I unticked the old entitlement and only left ticked the new one. However now in process payroll entry for that Salaried employee only the entitlement shows up but with no value in the Hours column and I have to manually enter it. Other salaried employees with that same entitlement category show the correct value in Hours.

I have tripled checked all the boxes that need to be ticked and employees are all set up identical with only this one particular one showing zero hours.

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Steven_M
32,166 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

32,166Posts

4,271Kudos

0Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll Entitlement not showing in Process Payroll Screen for one Employee

Hi @Lynne77

Generally with salary employees you would set them up with an entitlement that has the calculation basis set to be x hours per pay period (or something similar). As the employee is not receiving any hours the calculation basis doesn't have anything to calculate by when its set to be x percentage of gross hours, so having it set to x amount will make the hours pull through (well it should). In your case I would make sure that the entitlement category calculation basis is set to be x amount per (or the last option). 

If the entitlement category has been set to be x amount per and you have done an adjustment the category may not calculate due to what you have selected for the per part i.e. per pay period, month or year. The common one people have that get this into this situation is amount per year. As the entitlement is looking at the full payroll year, the amount of the adjustment may mean that the employee is over this value and therefore nothing is being calculated for that employee. For example the entitlement is set to be 100 hours per year, the adjustment was for 102 hours as that is over the entitlement amount it has basically reached its limited and therefore will stop calculating. If that this is the case you could be looking at either changing the entitlement to be x amount per pay period or month OR manually entering the values each pay until next payroll year (when it will refresh).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Experienced Cover User Lynne77
20 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

20Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll Entitlement not showing in Process Payroll Screen for one Employee

Hi Steven,

Thank you so much, that was exacly what was wrong. The salaried employee was set up as per year and due to an adjustment had already accumulated more than the total for the year. Once I changed this as you recommendation to per period, it works a treat.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post