Payroll Extra Tax - Employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Chellie2
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Extra Tax - Employee

Previous to me starting at my workplace, an employee has requested that an extra $30 be taken from his pay weekly.  I can see my predecessor has entered in the extra tax amount in the Card file under Taxes (however i was unaware of this)

The employee has asked why it hasn't been coming out.  I have checked his payslips and it hasn't been coming out. 

Has this been set up correctly?

How do i ensure this is setup correctly and taken each week?  Is it automatically or manually ?

TIA :-) 

3 REPLIES 3
Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Re: Payroll Extra Tax - Employee

Hi @Chellie2 

Thanks for your post.  This can be set up to process automatically but you will need to check the Payroll Category.  It may be that it's set as a tax category instead of a deduction, but check with your accountant if you have specific reporting questions. The payroll category also needs to be linked to that specific employee which you can check in their employee card/card information-see Review standard pay details.  After reviewing and making any necessary changes let me know if you are still having issues with this showing up on their payslip.

I hope this helps.  If this answers your inquiry please mark "Accept as Solution" so other users can find this content easier.  Let me know how you go with this! 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Chellie2
Experienced User
35 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

35Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Looks like it was entered  into MYOB under his card

Payroll details

Extra Taxes 

but nothing has come out according to his payslips

In Payroll Categories under taxes, there is not Extra Tax in there only PAYG withholding

What do i need to do to get this set up?

Theresa_D
1,902 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,902Posts

0Kudos

223Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Chellie2 

Thanks for clarifying.  This extra tax can be entered into the employee card, see the section 'How do I deduct extra PAYG for an employee' in the help article Taxes. When I do a test run for this setup, it looks like it's being added to the tax on the payslip as opposed to being an individual line item on the payslip.  You can check that it is being added by adding the $30 amount to the amount they should be getting via the Tax withheld for individuals calculator on the ATO site. 

Check this and let me know if the additional amount is included in their tax.  If this answers your inquiry please mark "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this post.  I hope this helps! 

Cheers,
Theresa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post