Payroll Liabilities transaction mismatch

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Remote
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Liabilities transaction mismatch

In the normal course of processing our payroll, all "Pay Liabilities" are routinely cleared using the Payroll->Pay Liabilities function. 

This month we have a mismatch for the payroll category of "Deductions" where:

- the pay liabilities for the period for the payroll category of "Deductions" have all been cleared out (i.e. presumed processed and dealt with)

- the "Pay Liabilities by Category (Deductions)" report for the same period shows in the Status column that the liabilities in question have been "Paid"

- yet, the companion report, "Liabilities Payment Register" for that very same period does not report ANY transactions for those vary same Deductions reported as "Paid".

- the payroll liabilities in question remain on the Balance Sheet.

The simple solution for us will be to do a journal entry that mimics the transaction that seems to have been partially done via the normal process using Pay Liabilities (when I say partially done, I just mean that they have disappeared from being listed in the Pay Liabilities, but no transaction has been effected).  By the way, these liabilities simply don't show up in Pay Liabilities any more - regardless how wide a date range is used, they are nowhere to be found.

We do however have a concern that our simple solution of doing a journal entry will simply introduce some other anomaly with our data.  Is there anything that we can do to check the integrity of our AccountRight 2019.1 data?  Suggestions on the way ahead?

1 REPLY 1
Remote
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll Liabilities transaction mismatch

OK, I am back.  Problem resolved.  This was a stuff-up at our end.

The "Pay Liabilities" transaction had been entered up with a date some point in the future.  I hadn't conceived that this might have been the case and thus had not thought to check for a future dated transaction.  So when I said these transactions couldn't be found, regardless of how wide a date range was used, I should caveat that by the fact that I was searching retrospectively.

Thus, the relevant transaction was sensibly reported as "Paid" in the "Pay Liabilities by Category (Deductions)" report.  The companion report, the "Liabilities Payment Register" didn't show anything, because as far as it was concerned, those transactions were slated for sometime in the future and so yet to register.  I can only presume that if we'd thought to widen the reporting range for the "Liabilities Payment Register" into the future those transactions would've happily been reported.

Resolved.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post