Payroll Linked Accounts Issue

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sarinabek
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Linked Accounts Issue

Hi,

we have a company that has 7 store locations and each location has its own bank account. Each employee is paid out of their relevant store bank account. We do not use MYOB to do the payments electronically and the employees are set up as Cheque payment. The issue I have is that the linked cheque account can only pick 1 bank account and as we have 7 accounts where the employees all get paid from a different bank account how would I get around this and ensure that all payments aren't allocated to just 1 bank account. What account should I use to set up in the linked payroll for Cheque payments?

Sarina

3 REPLIES 3
Robert_Mitchell
Valued User
343 Posts
Valued User
Valued User

343Posts

38Kudos

40Solutions

Re: Payroll Linked Accounts Issue

Maybe if you use Electronic payments then when you go to Prepare Electronic Payments, you can choose the relevant Pay From Account at this time. You don't have to actually use the subsequent .aba file you create if you don't want to but you should be able to, as long as the Direct Entry User ID is correct for each Bank Account code. 

Cheers

Robert

bungy15
Ultimate Cover User
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

334Kudos

195Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Sarinabek 

Another option would be using a payroll clearing account.  Make the clearing account the linked account and after pays are processed record a Transfer Money transaction from the applicable bank account to the clearing account. 

Cheers

Tracey

Sarinabek
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

28Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your assistance @Robert_Mitchell  & @bungy15 . Very helpful.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post