Payroll Register Report not reporting Superannuation expense for a single employee

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CathS1
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Register Report not reporting Superannuation expense for a single employee

The YTD Payroll Register Report differs to the YTD Payroll Activity Report by the amount of Superannuation paid on behalf of one terminated staff member. Every other staff member (terminated or current) balances perfectly. 

The terminated staff member had a specific Payroll Category set up for her Superannuation Guarantee, however it is set up exactly the same as other Superannuation Guarantee Payroll Categories, and so I am trying to figure out why this Superannuation Expense for this terminated staff member is not recorded in the Payroll Register Report.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll Register Report not reporting Superannuation expense for a single employee

Hi @CathS1 

Thanks for your post. The Payroll Activity report gets its data from pays processed through Process Payroll. The Payroll Register report gets its data from the employee card>>Payroll Details tab>>Pay History. The STP YTD verification report also gets its data from the employee card>>Payroll Details tab>>Pay History. 

A difference between the Activity and Register reports means the employee Pay History has been manually changed. To fix this you need to change the Pay History back to what it should be, then process a $0 pay with payment date as today to update the STP reports.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

kristie1
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll Register Report not reporting Superannuation expense for a single employee

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue, the Payroll Register report shows a zero super amount for two inactive/terminated employees - however the activity report and the STP YTD verification report match. Do i need to make any adjustments? Or is it ok to finalise for the year?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post