Payroll Reporting Centre - Incorrect YTD's in EOFY Finalisation screen

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
euroform
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Reporting Centre - Incorrect YTD's in EOFY Finalisation screen

I'm comparing past and current employee YTD earnings in the Payroll Reporting Centre (EOFY Finalisation screen) against Payroll Activity Summary Report information. Some (but not all) terminated employee's YTD's on the Payroll Reporting Centre EOFY Finalisation screen are incorrect. However, when i look back at the YTD data reported to the ATO at the time of their final pay, the YTD info was correct then. I'm concerned that I won't be able to submit accurate EOFY Finalisation information to the ATO. Please Help!

9 REPLIES 9
Andrew_Y
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

0Kudos

78Solutions

Re: Payroll Reporting Centre - Incorrect YTD's in EOFY Finalisation screen

Hello @euroform 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forums and thank you for taking your time to post your issue.

Is it possible to know if you are getting incorrect YTD for specific categories for those particular employees or for all YTD categories for those employees? If it is happening to a handful of employees it may be worthwhile checking their (the affected employees) equivalent setups against those who are coming through correctly.

You may find this article regarding Terminating an employee in STP reporting useful.

To assist in trying to find what is causing the discrepancy, any additional specifics about the area in which they are occurring, and what scope of them happening would be most helpful and greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

euroform
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

4Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Andrew_Y 

Thanks for your reply. I have resolved this issue by running $0.00 pays for the affected employees, as recommended by the STP support team.

Harry_Marriott
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Yes I have the same problem to, I do not understand why this is?

Hopefully someone can help

Andrew_Y
805 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

805Posts

0Kudos

78Solutions

Hello @Harry_Marriott 

With the way STP works, it is constantly giving a new YTD figure to the ATO when you report your payruns.  If you have some employees that have not had a payrun after you started using STP (such as terminated employees) then they are essentially left out of STP reporting up until you  include them by replicating an Update Event ( reported $0 pay ) for them.

If some figures seem a bit off as well, pushing the next YTD figures can be considered as a sort of doublecheck to make sure all the latest information is included.

Cheers,
Andrew

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

martinha1395
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

I've a similar problem with the EOFY STP Report being out, but processing a zero pay for existing employees hasn't fixed the problem.

Being left on hold with the STP Team for 2.5 hours doesn't help.

I'm guessing someone there in India gave this one up as "too hard" and felt its easier to leave the Customer in limbo.

Wonder if MYOB use the same call centre as the NBN

Naomi_Roskell
Partner
158 Posts
Partner
Australia

158Posts

56Kudos

4Solutions

Hi @martinha1395 

Let me start by saying, New Zealand and The Phillippines...

Secondly, I don't mean to sound condescending but have you compared the Payroll Summary Report to the STP Finalisation data and verified at least a few staff have the correct amounts?

I notice there are a few places you may find the issue:

1. Ensure you have checked the Payroll Summary Report against the STP YTD for Terminated Employees from prior to STP but within 2018/19 FY. Note down the termination dates, unterminate them, process a nil payrun and declare to ATO (ensure you re-terminate them in their Cardfile)

2. Ensure all Payroll Categories have had ATO Categories assigned to them. I have found that even after the initial STP setup there were a few categories that kept glitching even though I had assigned them.

3. Can't remember what this one was, I'll get back to you shortly...

Naomi

Harry_Marriott
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thankyou everyone for your advice.

I did de terminate some employees, complete a zero pay and sent to the ATO.

This fixed the problem and made the EOY finalisition report agree to YTD,

Thank you again

Regards

Harry

martinha1395
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Naomi

I followed the MYOB End of Payroll Year Guide and all reports matched, except the STP's EOFY Finalisation Totals for the 2018/19 Year (in the Payroll Reporting Center). That YTD total looked to have missed at least 6 entire Pay runs, despite all the entire years Payruns being accepted by the ATO (except two minor amendment transactions which were rejected and had the 000199 ATO error, which isn't listed anywhere to tell you how to fix it, but is answered elsewhere in this Community).

Following your advice at (2), I did fix the problem, by reinstating all staff previously terminated during the year and doing a nil pay run for the entire staff of 2018/19.

So thank you greatly for your help

The leads me to point out that this Forum looks to be way better at solving problems than the STP MYOB Tech help line, which on this occassion only served to waste my time 

Naomi_Roskell
Partner
158 Posts
Partner
Australia

158Posts

56Kudos

4Solutions

Hi @martinha1395 

Glad I could help, please show your appreciation by giving kudos to the answer... :-)

Naomi

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post