Payroll Restriction

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Webb1
Experienced Cover User
74 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

74Posts

6Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Restriction

Hi, I have read the discussions on restricting payroll, but I have an issue where the person I have restricted access to payroll for still needs to pay bills etc.  This means when she goes into the make a bank file if all is picked they can see all the employees and how much they are paid if it is on the same day they get paid.  Is there a way just to just have pay bills come up.

Second if they go into the transaction journal for that day and look at payroll they can look at & open anyones pay for that day.  Can we also stop them seeing this.

The problem is as I see it if you need them to do certain jobs you have to give them certain levels of access and this then allows them to look in other places to see payroll information.

Any assistance would be helpful

Thanks

Lisa

1 REPLY 1
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll Restriction

Hi @Webb1 

AccountRight's user access works on the principle that if you have access to a feature or function you do have full access to all transactions that may flow through the window. The user access would prohibit you if you wanted to open those transactions.

For example, if the user has access to the Prepare Electronic Payments window, they would be able to see all transactions that would flow through that window i.e. pay bills, payroll, spend money... However, if the user doesn't have access to the Pay Employee window they wouldn't be able to open payroll transactions as that is when the user access kicks in i.e. opening the Pay Employee window.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post