Payroll Reversal and PAYG liabilities in AccountRight Plus 2022.7

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Abbey1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Reversal and PAYG liabilities in AccountRight Plus 2022.7

Hi, working in AccountRight Plus 2022.7: I have had to reverse a payroll entry to correct it. The original entry was dated 26th of June 2022. Reversal and the new, correct entry dated 14th of July 2022. Both transactions from Electronic Clearing Account, went into the Prepare Electronic Payments window and the EP was created. After the reversal my PAYG for July is  incorrect in the Pay Liability window. The reversed PAYG is not deducted from the total amount. The Payroll Activity Summary, register Summary and Payroll Liability reports show the correct figure. However, the Payroll Liabilities by Category report shows the reversed PAYG with a status PAID. I ran Liabilities Payment Register for an an extended date range trying to find this 'payment', but there is only the payment for June PAYG. Can someone suggest how I fix this so that the amount in Pay Liabilities window is correct?

Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Re: Payroll Reversal and PAYG liabilities in AccountRight Plus 2022.7

Hi @Abbey1 

Thank you for the information. I'm wondering if the liabilities of the original payroll entry was already processed before the pay was reversed? If so, could you please send me a private message with the following details, so we can look into it for you?

- Serial number

- Company File ID number under Help > About

You can do so by mouse over my avatar and choose 'Send a message'.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Freman
Trusted Partner
131 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

131Posts

19Kudos

6Solutions

@CloverQ wrote:

I'm wondering if the liabilities of the original payroll entry was already processed before the pay was reversed?

@CloverQ You are are obviously aware of the bug that has been causing this issue (Reversals of wages not resetting Super, and probably others too, to unpaid on the reversal entry to allow them to offset in the pay liabilities screen etc). Can you confirm  whether this has been fixed in the later 2022.8.0 release?

Abbey1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Clover,

Yes, the PAYG of the original payroll entry was already processed (into ATO ICA liability account) before the pay was reversed. You think that's the reason why the PAYG of the reversal transaction has "PAID' status, and as such is not included in Pay Liabilities? If so, is it possible to fix it? 

Seeing no other solution (after talking to MYOB support for couple of hours) I have just processed the PAYG for July in two steps:

1. entered Pay Liabilities transaction from liability account 'ATO ICA' for the incorrect amount of PAYG ($22,969), as there is no other way to edit the amount being paid;

2. to record the actual payment from bank account entered Spend Money transaction for the correct amount by splitting it between two accounts:

liability account 'ATO ICA' for the amount $22,969

expense account 'Adjustments, errors, rounding' for the amount -$28

I'm not sure if I haven't created another problem, and I'm happy to make corrections if you know how to fix the original issue.

Kind Regards,

Abbey

Freman
Trusted Partner
131 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

131Posts

19Kudos

6Solutions

The way I have been correcting clients affected by this is to reverse the reversal that is affected by this bug (using the inbuilt reversal process) then recreate the intended reversal with a manual payrun rather than the inbuilt reversal process. 

This resets everything ready for the replacement payrun and makes sure 'pay liabilities' screen picks up the correct amounts.

Abbey1
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

@Freman wrote:

The way I have been correcting clients affected by this is to reverse the reversal that is affected by this bug (using the inbuilt reversal process) then recreate the intended reversal with a manual payrun rather than the inbuilt reversal process. 

This resets everything ready for the replacement payrun and makes sure 'pay liabilities' screen picks up the correct amounts.

Hi Freman,

This is AccountRight Plus 2022.7. I tried to reverse the reversal - the software doesn't allow it. 

Freman
Trusted Partner
131 Posts
Trusted Partner
Australia
Trusted Partner

131Posts

19Kudos

6Solutions

Unless I'm getting mixed up with a different issue fix, thats a new development in this sorry saga. 

I put a post up on this forum many months ago about this issue which I cannot locate anymore - MYOB have probably removed it because I did not hold back on my scathing critique of them. 

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Abbey1 

Thank you very much for working with me through private messages, I'm glad to hear after the script was applied it's now working fine for you. 

@Freman Thank you very much for offering your help. AccountRight 2022.8 release was designed to address some payroll changes and bug fixes. This particular situation is not included within that release as our team are still working through a solution. In the meantime, we do have a script available that we can run over impacted online company files, if you need that arranged please do feel free to let us know.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

lindso
Trusted Cover User
117 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

117Posts

10Kudos

3Solutions

Hi @CloverQ 

I am experiencing the same issue. Can you please assist?

thank you.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Hi @lindso,

If your company file online?

If so, could you please send me a private message with your serial number, and the company file ID number (under Help > About)?

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post