Payroll Reversal

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SDahal
3 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Reversal

I processed a pay for a staff. STP was lodged ABA file was created through Prepare electronic payments section but later, we found that pay processed was wrong and needed to delete it.  Since STP doesn't allow it to be deleted I reversed it as mentioned.

Now the transaction is showing in Prepare electronic payments section where I have two transactions, one is the original transaction and another is the reversal transaction.

How do I delete that transaction from Prepare Electronic payment tab? Both original and reversal as I created a new pay run for staff and lodged STP. 

Need your help

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll Reversal

Hi @SDahal 

Thanks for your post. In the Prepare Electronic Payments window:

1. select the original and reversal transactions
  2. click on Bank File
  3. the Information window "Transaction will be recorded" opens, click OK
  4. the Save As window opens, click Cancel

Step 3 records the AccountRight transaction which removes those transactions from the Prepare electronic payments window. As they are for the same amount they clear each other out without affecting the bank account.

Step 4 stops the ABA file from being saved, as you've already paid the wages you don't need the ABA file so don't need to save it.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post