Payroll Tax not balancing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SharonCC
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Tax not balancing

When  I run  the Amount by Category (Payroll Tax) my wages total $136,000 then when I run the Payroll Tax it is only showing $125,000  I have check that all wage catergories are ticked, I have checked my date range.  I can't work out why this is out of balance.  Any suggestions?  TIA

6 REPLIES 6
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Payroll Tax not balancing

Hi @SharonCC 

I would start by running a few extra reports and checking the wages total on those. You can run the P&L, Payroll Activity and Payroll Register, these should all be the same. I would be looking for a category that has different amount(s). 

Please feel free to send me screenshots by private message 

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

SharonCC
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your reply Tracey, so my P&L balances with my payroll activity however my payroll register is out.  I have narrowed this down to one employee.  She was terminated in early Oct (termination pay was processed) then she returned late Oct to do some casual work.  I deleted her termination date & changed her to casual and processed her hours, I think this is my mistake right here!  The termination pay does not show in the payroll register, this would also explain why her leave entitlements are appearing again also. I've no idea how I go about fixing this and getting the figures to be recorded in the register.  Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly apprecicated.    

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @SharonCC 

You've done the right thing by deleting her termination date and changing her Employment Basis to casual. Once you remove the termination date you will see the entitlements in the entitlement reports as they are only 'hidden' so that you comply with record keeping laws.  The available hours should be zero though.

When you have a difference between the Payroll Activity and Register reports it means that a change has been made to the Pay History in the Employee Card.  The Activity report gets it's data from payruns processed, the Register gets it's data from the employee card. That's why you should always print and check both reports.  

What we need to find out is what happened to the termination pay in the employee card. It might be worthwhile to restore a backup to a time between the termination and when you reinstated her. You could check her Pay History in the backup to see if it's correct.

Let me know how you go

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @SharonCC 

Just wanted to check in and see how you went with this.  If you're still having problems please let me know if I can help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

SharonCC
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thanks so much for your help Tracey, what you said was all 100% correct and very helpful.  I actually ended up giving MYOB a call, they 100% agreed with what you said.  Its now all sorted and back in balance and the ATO have the correct figures with STP.  Phew!  Its been a learning experience and I’m now slightly more knowledgeable because of it.  Again thanks for you expertise and for following up, its really appreciated!  Keep up the great work and have a great week 😊

Cheers Sharon.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

You're very welcome @SharonCC, I'm so glad you got it all sorted.  And thank you for the nice words, they are really appreciated Smiley Happy

You have a great week too and don't hesitate to post in the future if you need help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post