Payroll Transaction not matching in bank feed

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Flick_Scott_88
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll Transaction not matching in bank feed

Hi,

Our payroll lady had to reverse and re do a payroll trnasaction. Prior to this I had matched it in the bank feeds. Now it is showing up again but with nothing to match it to, I can see the transaction ticked off in the bank rec section. I am yet to reconcile for the month.

I tried deleting the electronic payment and reprocessing it, but this did not work. I dont want to just hide it but would like to fix the issue.

Thank you

Bank Feed Payroll not matched.PNG
Payroll Bank account.PNG
3 REPLIES 3
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Re: Payroll Transaction not matching in bank feed

Hi @Flick_Scott_88 

Basically, to make a transaction appear so it can be matched in AccountRight  there are 3 requirements that need to be met:

• The transaction needs to be going to the bank account that you have set up as your bank feeds account. 
  • The transaction needs to have a similar date range and amount for that bank feed transaction. 
  • The transaction must not be reconciled or marked as cleared in the Banking>>Reconcile Accounts window. 

From your post, it sounds like the transaction is ticked in the Reconcile Accounts window. If you go into that window and untick that transaction you should then be able to match that transaction to the required bank feed transaction.

Alternatively, right-clicking on the bank feed transaction and selecting Hide transaction will hide that bank feed transaction from view.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Flick_Scott_88
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
Contributing Cover User

9Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you for the reply.

I have looked in the reconcilliation window and the transaction isnt ticked, but I can see the electronic payment sat there.

Also I have check find transactions and adjust the date range and value but it doesnt pick anything up.

I'm now wondering if this issue is coming from the payroll side, it seems odd that its there but not picking it up, and as stated in my orginal post this has come about due to a reversal of the orginal transaction from payroll.

Thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Flick_Scott_88 

I would take a step back from the Reconcile Accounts window and check the Banking>>Bank Register for that transaction in the required bank account. 

If that transaction is not listed, I would be going backwards from there and following the trail of that transaction i.e. what happened to the original electronic payment transaction - was it processed on the correct date with the required account? Do those individual transactions processed with that transaction appear in the Prepare Electronic Payments window ready for re-processing?

Note: reversing a transaction retains the original and creates a separate transaction. So provided the transaction was reversed and not deleted you will still have a record of that transaction.

If that transaction is listed in the Bank Register for the required account but not in the Reconcile Accounts window, I would be running the Bank register report including the Reconciliation date column. This will indicate if the transaction has already been reconciled which will prevent it from appearing in the Reconcile Accounts window and from being matched for bank feeds.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post