Partner Zone

Payroll activity will not export to Excel

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

93Posts

17Kudos

6Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll activity will not export to Excel

Hi all

My payroll activity for Sept 2019 will not export to excel.

I cannot send it by email, for obvious security reasons.

I have applied no filters other than month, it just comes up with the path, under the error message, but does not tranpose.

I hoping MYOB is working on this and it will be functional soon?

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll activity will not export to Excel

Hi @Helen_01 

When you say you are getting an error is the error message similar to the following?

Attachment.PNG

If so, when you export a report out to Excel the system will look for a Spreadsheet template file to populate with that data. The particular message indicates that it has not been able to find the necessary template file and thus generates an error.

The best solution to remedy that situation is to uninstall the version and then reinstall the product. This should hopefully add the spreadsheets back into that Spreadsheets folder so you can send that report to Excel.

The other solution that has been known to work, is to go into a previous version's spreadsheet folder i.e. 2019.1's and copy the spreadsheet file into the current versions spreadsheet folder. For example, in my case I am getting the message with 2019.1 but have previously had 2018.4 installed I could navigate to:

C:\Users\--username---\Documents\MYOB\AccountRight\2018.4\Reports\Spreadsheets

and copy the PAYACTSX.XTL (or just all the files) and go to the following path and paste those files in.
C:\Users\--username---\Documents\MYOB\AccountRight\2019.1\Reports\Spreadsheets

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Helen_01
Trusted Cover User
93 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

93Posts

17Kudos

6Solutions

Re: Payroll activity will not export to Excel

Thank-you Steven 

When following your instructions, for 2019.3 I found my spreadsheet file was empty.

When I looked in 2018.4, it was also empty (but I had never used it as I am multi-currency).

So, I went to my.myob and donwloaded 2019.1. It was populated with all the files in the spreadsheets as you said. Thank-you for the very clear instructions on how to find it.

I copied and pasted into my 2019.3, and ... IT WORKS!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post