Payroll adjustment - so now I have 2 STP Reports

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Frances12
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll adjustment - so now I have 2 STP Reports

I have done minor adjustments to 2 pays in my monthly payrun (Accountright), with 2 STP reports being produced in the process (first is for all employees, and second is for the 2 individuals only) . I did this by deleting their pays, and re-entering correctly. Please note I accidentally entered their new pays with different pay periods (original = 1 - 31 Aug, adjusted = 15/7 - 14/8) Looking at STP Reports:

- The individuals' YTD gross and tax submitted to ATO are correct - with the minor adjustments.

- The first page of the STP report for the adjustment pay shows their month's gross and details.

Before I submit the 2 STP reports, can you please confirm that the STP report created after the adjustment was made, is correct to send through to the ATO? Or has it recorded these two individual pays twice somewhere in the ATO's system? I understand that it won't affect them as individuals as their YTD gross and tax balances are correct after the adjustments were made, but not sure where these total figures (monthly gross and tax for the 2 individuals only) will land in ATO land? Will it affect my company's PAYG BAS etc? Reports showing the front page of each pay run are attached.

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

335Kudos

195Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll adjustment - so now I have 2 STP Reports

Hi @Frances12 

Both payruns will show in the ATO Business Portal but the ATO only look at the YTD amounts. They are aware we make mistakes and will need to process extra payruns to correct errors. As long as the YTD amounts are correct for each employee in the latest report sent you’re all good. 

As for Gross Wages and PAYG, your BAS will pull the figures from MYOB so if MYOB is correct you’re good and the ATO will only be looking at the YTD amounts.

Cheers

Tracey

Frances12
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks! I thought it would be right - but got spooked!

bungy15
Ultimate Cover User
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

335Kudos

195Solutions

You’re welcome @Frances12, it can be very confusing 😊

Didn't find your answer here?