Payroll and Timesheets

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
IDI
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll and Timesheets

I am trying to track time spent on projects and use the job number allocated to that project on a timesheet for various staff.  I do not plan to use this for billing purposes, just to give a truer picture of profit and loss on a project.  If a staff member works more hours in a week than what we pay (we dont pay overtime) the timesheet doesnt seem to accommodate as it wants to pay the hours spent and not the standard pay.  I have also tried activity slips but seem not to be able to work it out. Am i looking for something that myob cant do or can someone assist with this please

4 REPLIES 4
GDay53
Ultimate Partner
2,594 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

2,594Posts

1,040Kudos

569Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll and Timesheets

@IDI 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information.

Timesheets are used to track the time that is PAID to employees, while the Activities usually track the time to be CHARGED to customers.

Neither is designed to do what you want.

Your best bet would be to have a good look at all the MYOB ADD ONs, there alots of different ones and there might be one that is just what you want.

If my response to your query and has helped, please mark my post as a solution to help others in the future.
Graeme Day
Registered BAS Agent #24745540
Gralord Enterprises Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0402 841 627
graemeday@optusnet.com.au
MYOB Certified Consultant
MYOB Diamond Partner
IDI
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks so much for your reply.  what a shame it doesnt work.. would have been perfect !

Bizily
Partner
6 Posts
Partner
Partner

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi IDI,

We have successfully been able to undertake what you are trying to do within the Timesheet Function. How we do it is:

We put all employees on Hourly payroll and ensure that any hours that need to be paid are entered into Timesheets. In addition, our employees are actually paid on a bonus system rather than overtime, but we DO track any additional hours they work on a job as we require it for man hours reporting. 

We have set up a Payroll Category called "Timesheets" with a $0 per hour payrate. This way we can easily track the hours spent, what day and what project, but there is no cost in the system and nothing additional added to the employees wages for the period. 

We do the same TIL Accrual etc

IDI
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Thankyou (sorry for late reply.. been on holidays).  That is perfect.. I was allocating "unproductive/not costed to job" hours to a job established as admin, so that we still accounted for 38hours.. that is a perfect solution to account for anything further.  many thanks.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post