Cover User
Australia
AK_PAINT
Cover User

3Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll and bank file

I have just processed payroll for my staff, emailed their payment advice slips but then realised I did not create a Bank File.

I have gone to Transaction Journal/Disbursements and the EP file is not there, but when I go Payroll in Transaction Journal all of their individual payment advices are there. I even tried to print a Electronic Payment Register Report but the payroll I just processed is not there?

Help! How can I fix this? Any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
8,363 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

8363Posts

897Kudos

1164Solutions

Re: Payroll and bank file

Hi @AK_PAINT

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find it a great resource.

If you haven’t processed the payments through the Prepare Electronic Payments window then I would expect the individual payroll payments to be sitting within that window awaiting inclusion in an electronic payment.

Its only after the electronic payment has been prepared and the bank file created that it would appear on the reports, in the transaction journal and against the relevant bank account. Assuming this wasn’t done then the transaction wouldn’t appear in the aforementioned areas as it has yet to be included in an electronic payment

Do let us know how you get on with this

Regards
Neil
MYOB Client Support
Ultimate Partner ronatbas
4,476 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner

4476Posts

3235Kudos

706Solutions

Re: Payroll and bank file

@AK_PAINT@Neil_M

Have you checked your date. The Electronic Clearing account register generally only opens to today's date, as does a Prepare Electronic Payment screen. If you did a pay with a future dated pay date try changing the date.

Ron B
BAS Group
03 95588477

info@basgroup.com.au
Making MYOB work for you
Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post