Payroll category existing and assigned not visible for selection in timesheet

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
NC-CAA
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll category existing and assigned not visible for selection in timesheet

We are using Accountright Server Edition 2022.2 (the most current)

We have an existing payroll category for Bonuses (Type: Salary), which is assigned to several employees.  See screenshot.Bonus category setup and assigned.jpg

It is definitely set up correctly and we have used this payroll category several times in the past.

We wanted to pay a bonus to some employees during our current payrun, but when we went to select it in their line options in their timesheet for this payrun, it was not available (for any employee to whom it is assigned). See 1 employee example timesheet screenshot.

Bonus category not showing .jpg

We therefore did a test by adding a different previously existing (and assigned) payroll category (also Type: Salary) to an employee), but it also wasn't showing as available to be selected.  Yes we did save and exit, then relaunch the payrun.

We then did another test by adding an existing payroll category (this time selecting Type: Hourly) to another employee,  exit and relaunch, and it showed as available to be selected.

I feel this is a software bug under the "Type: Salary"

I have been using this software for 4 years and frequently set up new categories and new employees, so I know it's not something I'm missing.

Has anyone else noticed this or have any suggestions?  I can't pinpoint exactly when it started happening as I haven't had to pay a bonus for a few months.

Thanks for any advice.

Bonus category not showing .jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll category existing and assigned not visible for selection in timesheet

Hi @NC-CAA 

Only Hourly payroll categories will appear for selection in the Enter Timesheets window. In your case, that "Bonus" payroll category is a Salary based payroll category and therefore will not appear.

If that payroll category is needing to appear in the Enter Timesheets window you would need to update the Type of Wage to be Hourly. This will allow you to enter hours against it and therefore allow selection in the Enter Timesheets window.

Alternatively, when processing the employee's pay add-in that desired amount against that category at the time of entering the pay i.e. from the Pay Employee window, not the Enter Timesheets.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

NC-CAA
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

17Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll category existing and assigned not visible for selection in timesheet

Thank you so much Steven!  I do remember now... I need to be progressed to where I can make individual adjustments on their payslip (e.g. like when we were making jobkeeper topup entries etc.) before it is "sent".  I'm very grateful for your quick reply  (and embarrassed!)  thanks again.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post