Payroll clearing account

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Shangraham12
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll clearing account

Hi I am hoping someone can help me.

In my payroll clearing account i have quite a few old entries that were entered wrong. They should not have been allocated to the electronic clearing account, they should have been through spend money.

How do i now delete these from the prepare electonic payments tab? Some of these date back to 2016. Yikes!!

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Payroll clearing account

Hi @Shangraham12 

There are two ways to get rid of unwanted transactions in the Prepare Electronic Payments window - process them or change the linked account for electronic payments:

• Processing them involves ticking the relevant transactions and selecting to create a bank file then never uploading that file to the bank (as it would pay them again). This option may affect the reconciliations and balance of your accounts.
  • Another alternative  is to create a new electronic payment account and set that as a banking account for electronic payments. This account can be created via Accounts>>Accounts list . Once it has been created go to Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Accounts and Banking>>Set that new account to be the Bank Account for Electronic Payments. As there would be no new transactions in that new account, the Prepare Electronic Payments window will be blank. Any new transactions recorded will go into that account and be shown in that Prepare Electronic Payments window ready for processing. This process does not affect anything else.

Please let me know how you go on. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Shangraham12
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Komal 

Thank you so much for your explantion and help.

I have processed the alternative method.

That has worked to clear the screen.

Is there now a way to clear the original account that is showing a negative blaance? I have ticked this account as inactive but I am still seeing a negative balance.  

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @Shangraham12 

In order to clear the balance in that account, we would recommend speaking to your accountant to check if they can do a journal entry to move it to another account before inactivating it.

Feel free to post should you have other queries.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Shangraham12
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you so much!

I will revert to my accountant about this.

I appreciate your help.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post