Payroll error due to double up of cards

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TB_WA
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll error due to double up of cards

I have an employee with two different pay rates. Incorrectly, I created two separate cards for his pay. I should have added a payroll category. This resulted in insufficient PAYG being withheld, since Jan 2020.

I have now created the extra payroll category and will rectify the PAYG shortfall on the next payslip. 

My questions are:

- For the previously posted payslips, is it better to delete them and process again on the single card?

- Shall I delete the incorrect card or just make it inactive?

- What is better for STP?

Thanks

No repsonse in 6 hours - I deleted payslips, and card and reposted 

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll error due to double up of cards

Hi @TB_WA 

I just wanted to check in and see if you have resolved your issue or need further assistance. I can see that you have deleted those payruns and reprocessed using the two wage categories. As far as STP goes, the YTD amounts are updated each time you send a report and the ATO are interested in the YTD amounts.

Whether your YTD amounts are correct now will depend on the payment date of the last report sent. I would check the YTD amounts are correct by going to the Payroll Reporting Centre, clicking on the ... button for the last report sent and selecting Download Report. You would then need to check this against MYOB payroll reports. If the STP YTD amounts are not up-to-date, process a $0 pay to pull the correct figures through to STP.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post