Payroll error - only enter pays for current or previous financial year

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Kerry59
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll error - only enter pays for current or previous financial year

Hi,

I'm trying to process payroll for 1 July 2020.  When I try to do that, I get an error message;

"You can only enter pays for the current or previous financial year"

I'm using MYOB AccountRight Premier AU 2020.2.2, online version.  You don't have the option to close a payroll year anymore and I have closed my 2019 financial year.

Could you please advise?

Thanks,

81 REPLIES 81
Melisa_D
10,735 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

10,735Posts

0Kudos

1,186Solutions

Re: Payroll error - only enter pays for current or previous financial year

Hi @Kerry59

Thank you for your post. In AccountRight 2020.2 rolling over the payroll year and uploading the new tax tables is done automatically by the software at the start of the new financial year. As such, you won't be able to process pays with a July payment date until 1st July, when that roll over process will have occurred.

When trying to process a pay run with a payment date in July and the system date is June, you will receive the error message You can only enter pays for the current or previous financial year. This is because the system has not rolled over to the new payroll year, ie 2020-21.

This error message is NOT referring to the financial year in your company file (Setup>>Company Information) so please do NOT close your financial year. We do recommend that users always check with their accountants prior to closing the financial year.

The message is an intentional change in the process, as the system does not allow for pays to be processed in a future payroll year. However, we do understand the wording may cause some confusion and we do apologise for that.

Cheers,
Melisa

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Kerry59
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Thankyou

Kymakel
1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

So I am going away this weekend and won't be back until after our staff's next pay is due and you are telling me I cannot set the pay in advance like I have in the past because MYOB have change the end of payroll year process without asking clients if this works for them. I am sure I am not the only small business that sometimes has to set pays in advance because I am the only one able to run payroll. What would you like me to tell my staff? Too bad I can't do your next pay until after the 1st July and seeing as I won't now be back until 7th July you will just have to wait for same?

Nifty
Experienced Cover User
18 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

18Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

We are in the same situation

Next paydate 1/7/20

ATO declaration required to be lodged before...

sorry MYOB, the process should be operator initiated NOT EOFY

Caren_Brown
2 Posts
User

2Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Melisa

This is absolutely crazy.   We have 350 pays to process over 15 different jobs.   Pay day is always Wednesday which happens to be 1st July and we start processing a couple of days before because it's impossible to process all on one day.   This now means that in order to meet our bank deadlines we have to date some of our pays 30/06 so half our pay for the period ending 28/06/2020 will be in one PAYG reporting year and the other half in the other.   

We have reconciled and marked STP pays as final, but it seems we now have to restore from backup and process some of our payrolls in this financial year or tell our employee that their pay will be late due to MYOB EOFY functionality.

Your feedback would be appreciated

Regards

Caren

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your feedback on this topic.

Currently, payroll transactions that have the payment date on or after 01/07/2020 will need to be processed within the next payroll year i.e. on or after the 01/07/2020. 

Having said that, we have passed on your comments to the required team for the future of the product. No immediate changes are planned for the product so close to the end of the payroll year.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Vicki12
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

19Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Unfortunately that doesn't help any of the people asking this question (me included) as they still can't process the pay run.  I don't think the staff will be very happy with not being paid on time.  This situation needs to be resolved asap.

Safedig
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

We're in the same boat. Went to process pays today for payment on 1st July and of course it won't let us.

Very frustrating as it's now going to either delay money going into employees bank accounts, or it will cause us double the workload to work out the pays and enter them through the bank manually and then process them through MYOB on the 1st July.

Surely a system developer should have foreseen this issue?

StayBalanced
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

6Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

How ridiculous.  Now, I can't record tomorrow's pay run until, wait for it, 1st July, one of the buisiest days of my year.  THANKS A LOT, MYOB.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post