Payroll error

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Shivani
Partner
5 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll error

Hello,

As I was checking  payments summaries for my new client , I noticed that in superannuation setup, linked expense account and payable account are all wrong. Been linked to Wages and salaries and PAYGW. What will be the best way to rectify this so that payment summaries are correct.

Thanks in advance,

Shivani

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll error

Hi @Shivani 

You will need to restore a backup and make the necessary changes to the super payroll category setup. You can then process a $0 payrun to transfer the super amounts from the incorrect payroll categories to the correct categories ie reduce the gross wages and PAYG categories and increase the liability and super expense account.

This support note, Checking and adjusting super , explains how to process a payrun to correct super.

However, this process will leave an outstanding amount in the super liability account so you may need to check with the accountant about how best to deal with that. 

Once you have corrected the payroll categories you can amend the payment summaries - Payment summaries 

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Shivani
Partner
5 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll error

Thank you Tracey. I will let you know If I need more help on this.

Regards,

Shivani

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post