Payroll for a shortened pay period

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Highlighted
Contributing Cover User BenModern
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
BenModern
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll for a shortened pay period

Hi,

A new user here again needing some support.  As I will need to run my first payroll this week I am doing some test running to make sure that it all works.

My staff are paid based on an annual / monthly salary basis.  The normal payroll cycle is twice monthly, and this has been set up properly (to the best of my knowledge) following MYOB's instructions.  By default, pay is due on the 15th and the 30th / 31st of the month.

However - I took over the business only yesterday, so the first pay period will only cover 7th to 15th of December.  

Using the payroll assistant, I set the payroll from / to dates correctly (ie 7th and 15th December) on the first screen.  When I click next however, the calculation seems to prepare a payroll run for a full half-month salary.  Being December, I would have expected to have incurred only nine / thirtieths (or thirty-firsts!) of the salary, as only 9 of the first 15 days did the team work for me.

I have obviously done or set something up wrong.  Any help would be appreciated as I need to run this in a few days.

Thanks,

Ben

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
2,000 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

11656Posts

1360Kudos

1636Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll for a shortened pay period

Hi @BenModern

When you run a pay run within AccountRight, the figures that appear are drawn off the setup in the employees card and not the date range selected on the pay run itself. So if the employee was setup to be paid twice a month, then a half month salary would load up on the pay run.

If you were running the pay for a reduced period then you will need to reduce the amounts and hours accordingly, by overtyping the fields.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Contributing Cover User BenModern
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User
BenModern
Contributing Cover User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll for a shortened pay period

Thanks Neil,

Grateful that I am not screwing up for a change, I will adjust manually.

Ben

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post