Payroll report change in 2018.4

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Trudy12
5 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

5Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Payroll report change in 2018.4

The upgrade to Accountright 2018.4 has changed the Payroll report on processing from the Payroll Summary - which I used to balance off payroll category hours to my worksheet, to the Payroll Activity Report which DOES NOT have hours on it. Therefore I cannot check the allocation of hours to the correct category before submitting the payroll. It would be useful to have both reports be available before processing?

6 REPLIES 6
HB1990
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll report change in 2018.4

We have just completed the update to 2018.4 and i have the same issue! please add the original Payroll Summary back as an option to view and balance off before we have to record the pay. 

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
41,697 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

41,697Posts

5,643Kudos

6,195Solutions

Hi @Trudy12 & @HB1990

With the release of AccountRight 2018.4, a change was made to the reports available for Process Payroll. The Payrun Summary Details report has been replaced with a Payrun Activity report. The Payroll Activity report is designed to aid in the user to review the values reported via Payroll reporting.

As you have indicated, the Payrun Activity [Detialed] report doesn't include the value of hours. We have shared this feedback with the required team for future consideration. If you are needing to view the hours paid in that payrun you can view the Verification report available through the Preview Pay Details option.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

HB1990
2 Posts
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Yes that is what we have had to do. Which would be ok if we had a small number of employees to balance off to. As we are a large business it is extremely time consuming and there is still room for reasonable human error when manually balancing each employees pay figures. The previous report gave a total figure for each payroll category which made balancing so much more efficient and accurate. 

1 Post
Cover User
Australia
Cover User

1Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Is it possible to include a 4th column in the Payrun Activity (Detailed) report, that displays the populated hours for each Wages Payroll Category?  This column could be the 3rd column in on the report before the dollar amounts.  Could this be done in the insert/modify option and then choosing show/hide (which is currently greyed out).  By doing it this way it allows large employers like ourselves an option to customize thier Payrun Activity report.  Currently due to the 2018.4 upgrade we now have to record, then upload to the ATO and then print a Payroll Summary report to reconcile our hours to our spreadsheet summary of hours.  If a mistake has been made in entering incorrect hours into a payroll category we then have to wait until the next pay fortnight to make an adjustment.

IanChait
Ultimate Partner
1,245 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,245Posts

836Kudos

218Solutions

@Steven_M

It is so infuriating when you guys remove features and reports. Why not just add the extra reports, and don't fiddle with the existing ones?

Regards
Ian Chait CA
Certified Consultant Melbourne
P/M 0417 479 585
Email ian@myfc.com.au

Steven_M
MYOB Moderator
41,697 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New Zealand
MYOB Moderator

41,697Posts