Payroll reporting STP

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
HazelT
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

15Posts

11Kudos

2Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll reporting STP

When trying to finalise my payroll in the Payroll Reporting Centre there is missing pays that has not been reported to the ATO and therefore the gross payments and payg withholding does not reconcile to the payroll register.  What do I do to get this pay sent to the ATO so I can get this employee's pay as "set as final" and it will report correctly in his My Gov account?  It is a pay from back in November 2018 where the super has been sent through MYOB so the pay is locked.

3 REPLIES 3
bungy15
Ultimate Cover User
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

334Kudos

195Solutions

Re: Payroll reporting STP

Hi @HazelT 

Has that employee been paid since that November pay? If not, you can do a $0 (void) pay which will create an update event and update the YTD figures with the ATO.

If this employee has been paid since then, download the STP report through the Payroll Reporting Centre for the last payrun they were paid in. Are the YTD figures reported correctly? 

The reason I’m asking these questions is because there are posts from other users whose ATO reports and MYOB reports are not reconciling. The ATO reports are correct, MYOB reports are incorrect. Best to double check before you make any changes.

Here’s the link to another post which may help - EOFY Payroll out of balance

Cheers

Tracey

HazelT
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

15Posts

11Kudos

2Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thanks so much for your reply.  I followed your guidelines for the 0 pay for this employee and the figures adjusted in STP reporting so I could then "set as final" for this employee and send the data to the ATO.  My MYOB payroll reconciles to the STP figures now Smiley Happy 

Once I worked out this issue all has flowed perfectly and the STP has been an easier option for me this year with EOFY payroll reporting.....but in saying that  the payroll reporting in MYOB is alphabetically listed by surname and the reporting in STP is alphabetically listed by first name so when reconciling the two it was somewhat more time consuming!!! 

Happy EOFY

bungy15
Ultimate Cover User
1,055 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,055Posts

334Kudos

195Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved