Payroll reporting centre not balancing to payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SharonCC
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll reporting centre not balancing to payroll

Hi All,

What has been sent to the ATO via the payroll reporting centre does not match with my payroll.  I'm wondering what the best checks and balances are to do.  I've also looked at the employee gross (ytd) in the payroll reporting centre and these figures fall short of what their earnings actually are.  Any assistance would be great, trying to sort out now rather than leave to the end of June.  

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll reporting centre not balancing to payroll

Hi @SharonCC 

Thanks for your post.

When it comes to reconciling payroll the first reports to check are the Payroll Activity and Payroll Register reports. The Activity report gets it's data from payruns processed through Process Payroll while the Register report gets it's data from the Pay History in the employee cards. If these reports aren't the same you would need to find what has caused the difference and make any corrections before updating STP.

If the Activity and Register reports are the same then I would be checking that the correct ATO Reporting Categories have been assigned to the payroll categories. The Payroll Activity detail report can help narrow down which payroll categories are not being reported through STP.

If you find that a payroll category has been assigned the incorrect ATO reporting category, you can change the reporting category and process a $0 pay to correct the STP figures. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

SharonCC
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Thanks so much for your reply.  Luckily for me it was just a matter of running a zero pay and sending thru to the ATO, this just refreshed all of the figures, basically update everything.  It did concern me but all good this time!

Sorry for delay in reply, just wanted to say thanks, have a great day.  

Cheers

Sharon

DuncanS
Ultimate Partner
1,930 Posts
Ultimate Partner
Australia
Ultimate Partner

1,930Posts

549Kudos

168Solutions

@SharonCC @Tracey_H 

Tracey,

The Payroll Report available from ATO Online is very difficult to work with.

There is no report column totals.

Is this an MYOB issue?

How does one agree MYOB to the information held by the ATO if the information/report available from the ATO is poorly designed?

I do wonder what checks and balances entities with over 20 employees are undertaking as they have had STP for some 18 months. 

Duncan

Duncan Smith
Business Advice + Tax
Helping business owners build a better business since 1998
E duncan@businessadvicetax.com.au T 02 9904 3672 7 days

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post