Payroll reporting does not match STP reporting and payslips

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
AinsleyCMP
Experienced User
10 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

10Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll reporting does not match STP reporting and payslips

Hello @Tracey_H 

I have discovered an issue with a weeks payroll and I am unsure how to correct it.....

Firstly, I have been able to cross check that the payslips and the ATO Report (declaration date 25/12)  are balanced and accurate,  and the staff paid the correct amount.  However, when looking at the payroll reports for; Payroll Activity, Payroll Register etc they all have NIL/$0 data recorded. 

The payroll week of concern is 19/12 to 25/12.   I can see that this run (w/e 25th) has been recorded, but on the on the 26/12, as it is showing in the Payroll Activity, Payroll Register reports, however this rolls into the next payrun, with 2 weeks of pay reporting (the reports have 2 payruns w/e 25/12 and w/e 01/01).

I did process the pay on the 26/12, however the pay period selected was until 25/12, so I am confused as to how and why this has happened.

Im concerned as this will effect the Superannuation calculations for December.

I appologise if this is hard to follow, I will provide more details as required. 

I look forward to some advice.  Thanks, Ainsley.

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll reporting does not match STP reporting and payslips

@AinsleyCMP 

Hi Ainsley

As the ATO uses the payment date to determine which month/quarter/year that a pay period is reported in, MYOB also uses the payment date. So if the payment date was the 26/12, run your reports to include that date. 

To check that the super calculations include all pays with a December payment date run the Employee Advice detail and make sure all pay periods are reported. In your case this would be w/ending 4/12, 11/12, 18/12, 25/12.

If you're still having problems please let me know.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post