Payroll reports different to payslips

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
KathGBrain
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll reports different to payslips

I printed the activity summary report for the period and it is different to what was actually paid. I checked the payroll verifiaction report before processing and it reconciles with the timesheet report. It also reconsciles with the STP report.

None of the reports for the same period are showing any leave or overtime payments and show amounts for employees that did not receive a pay this week ( I unchecked them before processing). It seems that all of the payroll reports produced after processing the wages are incorrect ( except for the payslips). I havent seen this before. What has happened? How can I fix it?

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll reports different to payslips

Hi @KathGBrain 

Thanks for your post. The Payroll Activity report gets it's data from the pays processed in Process Payroll. The Payroll Register report and the YTD verification report (STP) get their data from the Pay History in the employee card.

So when reconciling payroll the first two reports to compare are the Payroll Activity and Payroll Register. If they are different it means that a manual change has been made to the Pay History in the employee card. If that has happened you need to change the Pay History back to what it was and process the change through Process Payroll. 

Something else to check is the dates of the reports. The period a pay falls into depends on the payment date, not the pay period. This means that the pay period of 22 feb to 26 feb which is paid on 1 March will be reported in March. 

If you are still have problems reconciling payroll please feel free to send me screenshots of the Payroll Activity summary and Payroll Register summary reports by private message.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

KathGBrain
3 Posts
User

3Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey

Many thanks for your email. I looked at it all again this morning and realised I had the dates wrong - silly mistake.

I appreciate your help.

Enjoy your day.

Kind regards

Kath

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

@KathGBrain 

Hi Kath

An easy mistake to make, we've all done it. I'm glad you got it sorted, thanks for letting me know.

You're very welcome, please don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post