Payroll transactions not being recognised in Bank Feeds

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
RSPARK
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll transactions not being recognised in Bank Feeds

I have recently started using MYOB AccountRight again for a client after a couple years break and I'm having a bit of trouble with the payroll bank feeds allocating automatically.  I processed the payroll last Friday and the 5 transactions have come through to the bank feeds.  One of them automatically came up with the payroll transaction on the right hand side and allowed me to approve it, but the other 4 don't show anything to allocate it to.  Can anyone help explain why this is happening?  Or how I can manually find the transactions to allocate to the payroll?

5 REPLIES 5
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Re: Payroll transactions not being recognised in Bank Feeds

Hi @RSPARK 

Can you please go to Banking>>Reconcile Accounts screen and check if those transactions are already ticked? If yes, please untick them and they will appear for you to match on the Banking>>Bank feeds screen. 

If that has already been checked, please also check the payment method used in those transactions as if that is Electronic, the bank file will first need to be created so those transactions can appear on the bank feeds window. That said once we have further information on how the transactions are recorded, we'd be able to advise specifically. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

RSPARK
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Ok I see that one transaction shows that it's coming out of the main account (the one I could allocate) and the others show that they are coming out of an electronic account.  How do I ensure that it comes out of the main account?

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @RSPARK 

That can be done by setting the payment method as Cheque in the employee's card file (Cards List>>Employees>>Payment Details) and also choosing your bank account for reconciliation as the Bank account for Cheque Payments under Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Payroll accounts. 

For the pay runs that are already done, they will have to be edited to show the correct payment method ( Please ensure "Transactions Can't be Changed. They must be reversed" is unticked under Setup>>Preferences>>Security so that payruns can be edited without any issues). 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

SBPT
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Sorry, I know this is an old post, but I have been having this issue as well and I have now changed the payment method in the employees card files to cheque. But I can only reverse the transactions already completed. If I do this it says that the payment method used will be cash. This seems wrong?

Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Hi @SBPT 

Apologies for the delay in response.

If you're still experiencing this issue, can you please attach a screenshot of the error so we can investigate further.

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post