Payroll

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kyleenich
Experienced Cover User
63 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

63Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll

At the start of the new FY, our bookkeeper was unsure how to roll over the payroll year so opted to pay employees manually just through online banking (we are a small business and the day was hectic!)  I then processed the payroll once it had been rolled over.  I entered usual details and used cash as the payment method to avoid the entries appearing in the electronic payments menu.  I created a spend money transaction as per MYOB's suggestion and matched it with the transaction that came through on my bank feed. 

Unfortuantely the entries are still appearing in the electronic payments menu.  If i delete the entries, it gets rid of them, but also deletes the payroll entries for the period, which obviously isn't what i want.  What should I do so the entries are removed from the electronic payments as it's confusing when processing the next pay period entries.

Thanks in advance for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
Connockity
Trusted User
165 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

165Posts

17Kudos

6Solutions

Re: Payroll

Hi,

I would delete them and then redo them using 'cheque payment' instead of electronic payment.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Hi @kyleenich 

It comes down to how that Spend Money transaction was recorded.

If that transaction was recorded with a holding account, like payroll holding account, then you should be able to open up those transactions and change the Payment Method (top left) to be Cash. This will place the transactions into that holding account to counteract the wages being paid via that Spend Money transaction.

If the transaction was recorded into the bank account. I would be looking at deleting that Spend money transaction(s) and then change the payment method of those payroll transactions to be Cheque. As the payroll transactions will now be going to the bank account they will not appear in the Prepare Electronic Payments window.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

kyleenich
Experienced Cover User
63 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

63Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your response, sorry for the delay, I only work part time.

Okay so my situation is slightly different from both of the examples you mentioned;  The wages were set to go into an Electronic Clearing account but all entries were already cash transactions.

Given this, I decided to go with your second suggestion.  I cancelled the Spend Money transaction and changed the payment method to cheque on each persons' payroll transaction.  This removed them from the Prepare electronic Payments menu, but now I have the problem of the amount again appearing in my bank feed needing to be cleared/ allocated to a transaction.  How should I handle this now?

... getting desperate!

Thanks for your help,

Kylee

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @kyleenich 

I would go to Banking>>Reconcile Accounts>>Select the desired bank account and then tick the associated transactions that make up that bank transaction i.e. the payroll transactions. This will make them as cleared and include them in your next reconciliation. You would then just need to deal with the bank feed transaction, which will be Banking>>Bank Feeds>>right-click on the desired bank transaction and select Hide Transaction (this will hide it from view).

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

kyleenich
Experienced Cover User
63 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

63Posts

3Kudos