Payroll,

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Sue7
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll,

At the beginning of this financial year I had to change one of our casuals to part-time.  What I hadn't noticed was that MYOB was not paying her the correct tax rate. Luckily the manager noticed this and I have since had to go through the whole financial year to adjust all her pays. 

I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem and what MYOB is going to do about it. This is ridiculous and has cost me a lot of time and effort, she ended up having underpaid the ATO nearly $3000.

Tried to speak to someone last week and after having been passed on to three different people the last one basically admitted that she didn't know. Please have people answer the phone that know what they are speaking about. I even gave her access to the computer

My name is Suzanne Jackson  Serial number xxxx xxxx 0900, my mobile is xxxx xxx 133

Please have someone competent get back to me and don't waste any more of my tim

Regards

Suzanne Jackson

4 REPLIES 4
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Payroll,

Hi @Sue7 

Thanks for your post. Please note that your personal information and screenshots have been removed from your post to protect your privacy and the privacy of your employee. 

So that I can investigate further can you confirm the following information:

• The tax table revision date you are on? Setup>>General Payroll Information
  • The version of the program you are on? Help>>About AccountRight
  • Which tax table the employee is on and include any total rebates/extra tax amounts? Card File>>Cards Lists>>Select the employee's card>>Payroll details>>Taxes on the left-hand side.
  • What pay frequency the employee is on? Card File>>Cards Lists>>Select the employee's card>>Payroll details>>Wages on the left-hand side
  • What is the gross amount of the pay?
  • Is that gross amount split over multiple payroll categories i.e. Base Hourly and Holiday Pay?

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sue7
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

payroll

In answer to your questions:

Tax table revision date is 01/07/2019

Am on AccountRight Plus AU 2020.1.0.  (don't want to upgrade till I get this sorted)

Employee is paid weekly

Tax Free Threshold

Gross amount is different each week, Split over Base hourly, Saturday, Sunday, Public Holiday, Holiday Pay, Sick Pay, District Allowance, Shift Allowance.

The other girls are all casual and there is no problem with their tax, only the girl on part-time and only since the beginning of this year.  The tax was nearly $3000 underpaid for the year. This is unacceptable.

If you wish to know anything else you have my contact details

Cheers

Suzanne Jackson

InkedAnnotation 2020-06-17 150539_LI.jpg
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: payroll

Hi @Sue7 

Thanks for providing that information. From looking at those payslips I think I can see what the problem is.

First payslip: 

Gross amount is $1013.64, according to ATO tax tables the tax withheld amount on $1013 is $187

If you add up

Base Hourly               $679.18

District Allow - Bar     $16.38

Overtime (1.5x)          $70.26

Shift Allowance          $19.47

The total is $785.29

The tax withheld amount on $785 is $108, which is the amount withheld in this pay

Second Payslip

Gross amount is $877.00, according to ATO tax tables the tax withheld amount on $877 is $140

Again add up

Base hourly           $632.34

District Allow         $14.41

Shift Allow             $19.47

The total is $666.22

The tax withheld amount on $666 is $73, which is the amount withheld in this pay

It appears that in both pays the payroll category, Justine Sunday, has been excluded from the PAYG calculations. I would recommend checking that payroll category and making sure it has not been ticked exempt from PAYG withholding. I'd also check that the YTD amounts in STP are correct for that employee as making a payroll category exempt from payg will exclude it from STP.

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Sue7
3 Posts
User
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: payroll

Only one problem, I did not exempt Justine's Sunday from the PAYG, so I don't know why that happened

Cheers

Sue

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post