Payrun days for casuals different to fulltimers

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BellePayroll
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payrun days for casuals different to fulltimers

My regular payrun is Wed to Tues with employees (full time, part-time & casuals) paid on Wed for the previous week. Can I keep that payrun the same days of the week, but actually pay the casuals for their work on Monday to Sunday with pay day on Wed afterwards? This will give me a couple of days buffer to get the timesheets approved. We are using manual timesheets at the moment. Please let me know if you think this will work or it will cause any problems with accruals or reporting.

1. Also, would it be possible to do this if we move to MYOB timesheets (as the days wouldn't match)?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

217Kudos

124Solutions

Re: Payrun days for casuals different to fulltimers

I think the short answer is no you cannot  run them together

timesheets import on the dates selected

you could not create the bank file until the Wednesday and therefore upload one batch to the bank

simple answer is either two seperate or bring them in line with each other if you only want to process one payroll

not what you want to hear though

Lisa

BellePayroll
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I understand it's not possible if I'm using MYOB timesheets.

But if they are submitting a manual (printed & signed, then emailed) timesheet, as they are at the moment, would that be acceptable? They are all casuals with no holiday or sick accruals (or any benefits other than SUPER Guarantee).

LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

217Kudos

124Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

I think that it would still be better and more transparent to do two so the dates on payslips match the dates you are paying

Just do the bank transaction as one on the Wednesday

Lisa

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post