Payrun on 1 July 2019 will not process

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CalcWomen
Partner
1 Post
Partner
Australia
Partner

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payrun on 1 July 2019 will not process

Hi

I have finalised the 2019 Payroll and uploaded new tax tables in 2019.2 for two clients now and then gone to process wages in July 2019.  I receive an error message as follows:

Error

You may only enter pays for your current payroll year.

But I have checked The Current Payroll Year Ends June 30 2019 and Tax Table Revision Date is 01/07/19

Is anyone else having issues with starting a New Payroll Year? 

2 REPLIES 2
DannyTangney
Valued Cover User
320 Posts
Valued Cover User
Australia
Valued Cover User

320Posts

73Kudos

17Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payrun on 1 July 2019 will not process

Hi @CalcWomen 

You'll need to close the 2019 Payroll Year, as the current finanical year now ends 30/06/2020...

Regards,

Danny

Naomi_Roskell
Partner
158 Posts
Partner
Australia

158Posts

56Kudos

4Solutions

Re: Payrun on 1 July 2019 will not process

Hi @CalcWomen 

I always fear offering advice as I don't want to appear condescending, but it is clear that you need a hand here (apologies I cannot provide screenshots, I've not yet figured out how people do that), the advice and file name choices are my own and act as a very clear guide to all and sundry who may open them, I don't expect you to use them but it may be helpful as it's much easier to locate files when they are clearly marked and uniformly named each year......

If you've compared your Payroll Summary and Payroll Reports (Print and save all reports, save advice offered below) and they agree and you've also compared them to your Profit and Loss to ensure the Wages & Salaries as well as the Superannuation Expense Account amounts match, then you would be ready to a) Produce Payment Summaries or b) STP Finalisation. It sounds as though you may be past this point so I will move on.

The next step is to "Close a Payroll Year"

To do this you navigate as follows:

Click on File ---> Close a Year ---> Close a Payroll Year

A dialogue box will appear and you need to follow the prompts, one of which is to take a back-up.

I call this backup either "POST-PAYMENT SUMMARY BACKUP 20XX" or "POST-STP FINALISATION BACKUP 20XX" depending on the process used, and ensure it is saved in the same location as my EOPY Reports mentioned above and the Payment Summaries (if I've done Payment Summaries instead of STP). As a Bookkeeper I have my own folder hierarchy on the desktop, often named either "Naomi" or "Bookkeeper" depending on how familiar I've become with the Client. The Sub-folder would be called "20XXFY PAYROLL". Save your backup, depending on the size of the file it could take 5 minutes or it could take a half an hour or more. Once you've saved your backup continue with the rollover process.

When the roll-over process is finished and you are looking at the Dashboard again you probably won't have any idea whether it's worked or not.

The way you find out is to navigate as follows:

Click on Setup ---> General Payroll Information ---> and visually confirm the Current Payroll Year Ends June 30 2020. Because this is the Financial Year that you are now processing Payroll for.

On this page you will note the Tax Table Revision Date is set to 01/07/18 or it may say 01/07/19 as it sounds as though you've already completed the compliance update.

You will either be a) ready to process payroll or you need to b) load the Tax Tables.

From what you've said, the tax tables have already been loaded so I'm gonna go with b, and hope that you will be all good to go now.

But if not, be sure to reply so I know I need to come back and give you a hand.

Be sure to kudo this reply and set as the solution if it's helped you...

Good Luck!!!

Naomi

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post