Personal Leave to be calculated per day and not per hour

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Mathilda
Trusted User
109 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

109Posts

18Kudos

6Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Personal Leave to be calculated per day and not per hour

Hi all, hope someone can help.  I have just discovered that an employee's Personal Leave should be accrued and taken in days and not hours.  My MYOB is set up for payment in hours.  I have the steps on how to convert all those balances but I don't know how to change and enter that on the cards.  Also, I don't know how to change the employee cards for future entries and how to enter the PL taken when I do the payroll, as for instance the number of "days" leave taken should be taken off the accrued balance but the employee should be paid for the amount of "hours" of leave taken.  I'm hoping I understand this correctly.  Any clearance or advice?

1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Personal Leave to be calculated per day and not per hour

Hi @Mathilda 

Thanks for your post. On the 13 August 2020, the High Court handed down a decision on the method of accruing Personal/Carer's leave. As per this decision, Personal/Carer's leave must be calculated based on an employee's hours of work, not days. Ten days of personal leave can be calculated as 1/26 of an employee's ordinary hours of work in a year.

This decision by the High Court overturns the decision by the Federal Court in August 2019 that personal leave should be calculated in days, not hours. For detail information please refer to the Fairwork website: High Court decision: accrual of personal/carer's leave

From an MYOB perspective, this decision means that you can continue to accrue personal leave based on the information in these help articles:  AccountRight | Essentials

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post