User
Australia
Jason_Aus

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Please help on annual leave paid in advance

Dear Sir/Madam

I have the situation that from 24/12/2018 to 06/01/2019 is closing down time for our office. I have one employee who does not have enough aaccrued annual leave in this period. In total there are 7 days in this period are counted as annual leave. When I process the payroll, I use paying leave in advance for this staff, but when I check the entitlments report, the accrued annual leave hours is not changed to reflect this action. Since this staff does not have enough leave hours to cover this 7 days leave, equalling to 7.6 * 7 = 53.20 hours, after this pay, the YTD annual leave hours shoudld be negative. But in MYOB, I cannot see this change.

I wonder if you can kindly help me on this situation to get the correct YTD annual leave hours for this employee in MYOB.

Thank you very much.

2 REPLIES 2
MYOB Moderator Neil_M
9,853 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Neil_M
MYOB Moderator

9853Posts

1075Kudos

1384Solutions

Re: Please help on annual leave paid in advance

Hi @Jason_Aus

Assuming the leave in advance wage category was not setup as a linked wage category against the entitlement then any hours put against that wage category would not be taken off the entitlement.

If you were wanting to adjust the employees YTD entitlement you can do so through a void pay. A void pay is a pay with a net pay of zero. On this net pay you will need to zero out all other payroll categories and entitlements other than the annual leave entitlement. The annual leave entitlement will need to have a negative figure of the adjustment. So if you were reducing the annual leave entitlement by 20 hours you would put in -20 in the entitlement.

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Jason_Aus
4 Posts
User
Australia
Jason_Aus

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Please help on annual leave paid in advance

Hi, Neil

Thank you very much for the adavice. It is working now.

Didn't find your answer here?
Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post