Possible payroll glitch with new update - 2020.2

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
LyndaMc
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Possible payroll glitch with new update - 2020.2

Processing my weekly payroll after upgrading my MYOB AccountRight I had issues with combined entitlements - i.e. RDO & A/L taken where there was a deficit in available entitlement shown only whilst processing the pays - i.e. within the process employee window.

There was nothing correspondence within MYOB anywhere - within the employee's card & even on the payslip there were no issues - in fact it all calculated correctly.

The glitch was only within this one window (screen).  Please feel free to contact me to discuss further/advise when the glitch is likely to be fixed etc.

10 REPLIES 10
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Possible payroll glitch with new update - 2020.2

Hi @LyndaMc 

Thanks for your post. We are aware of an issue in 2020.2 where paying employee leave is generating the message Paying this leave will result in a negative leave balance for <insert employee name>. This issue is currently being investigated by our developers. 

The warning message is being displayed incorrectly and the underlying figures will be correct. If a user proceeds with the pay the employee’s figures will be updated correctly and they will have the correct balance displayed on the pay slip. Reports and the employee's card file will also show the correct figures after the pay has been processed. 

As long as the employee has enough leave to cover the amount of leave being taken, the warning message can be safely ignored. It is only the warning message that is displaying incorrectly.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Nuway
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Upgraded system to 2020.2 last week.

Does this gliche also incorporate superannuation calculating on zero value payslips?

We have checked the setup and all appears normal in prior periods.

Thanks

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Nuway 

We are aware of an issue in 2020.2 which is causing superannuation to calculate incorrectly. Our developers are currently working to resolve this and understand how important it is to fix this as quickly as possible.

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Nuway
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thankyou, we have not received any notification of the superannuation nor the leave accrual gliche, but our own investigation on our payroll has been affected as follows:

-super calculated on zero $ payslips

-over-calculating super (as much as $600 on one slip alone)

-under-calculating super

-calculating no super at all

We have manually checked every payslip and made super accrual adjustments.

Our concerns are that with the EOFY payroll we will need check the $450 minimum rule as well as checking super calculating on all staff.

Nuway
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, have just discovered another gliche, with RetailManager Import of Purchases.

The log file isnt reporting errors, line by line. Its giving error codes, just not identifying the transaction that is in error.

Is this a known issue with the 2020 version upgrade?

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Nuway and @LyndaMc 

just wanted to check in and make sure you've seen that the patch upgrade has been released.

This post has detailed information on the patch: AccountRight 2020.2.2 patch upgrade 

And this post has more information on checking your superannuation calculation: Superannuation not calculating correctly in AccountRight 2020.2 

Please do let me know if you have any further issues.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Nuway
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

15Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi again

We have found another payroll gliche. When setting up a salaried staff member in Payroll, each section has to be saved in the card before progressing with the setup. 

This is especially prevalent when setting up new payroll entitlement categories for a new employee. A dialogue box pops up with an error similiar to "someone else has made changes to this card and setup cannot be saved". You have to exit the card at this stage and unsaved setup data is lost. All the information has to be re-entered after going back into the card. 

Could you please review this. Thankyou

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @Nuway 

I haven't been able to replicate this in my system. So that I can look into this for you can you please provide copies of the error and diagnostic logs when you get this error.  Can you also provide screenshots of that error? Please remove sensitive information from screenshots before posting.

I have moved your Retail Manager post to a new thread so that we can work on it separately to this thread.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

Lisa1987
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

24Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

What exactly was that patch "suppose" to fix? Warning of incorrect hours still there.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post